Nov 11, 2015

Is Social Media Anti-Social?

"Did you know the average person spends four years of his life looking down at his cell phone?"

After a discussion with my son about the merits or lack thereof of social media I stumbled upon this video posted by a friend. I've been thinking about the impact of social media on my own relationships. More and more I see entire families out to dinner each absorbed in their device rather than interacting with each other. I'm starting to sound like my mother, longing for the "good old days". She often says "No one talks to each other anymore! You're all on your phones!" Maybe not everything new is a step in the right direction.

The video below pretty much sums up the way I've been feeling lately. So when you see less of me online, you'll know why.


No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.