Aug 12, 2014

Mob Street Tuesday No. 3

“I love the people I photograph. I mean, they’re my friends. I've never met most of them or I don’t know them at all, yet through my images I live with them.” 
– Bruce Gilden

How well I relate to the above quote. I have photographed a few people in my town in California and then have noticed them at a different location on another day. They are instantly recognizable to me. Once they are on my camera roll, it's as if they become part of my life in a very inexplicable way...not friends, but no longer strangers. I feel tied to them through the connection I made through the lens. Have you had a similar experience? Please share in the comments.

Shadow on Green © Michelle Robinson
Shadow on Green © Michelle Robinson


© unaisa momoitio
© unaisa momoitio

Asakusa 3977 © えんぞう Enzo
Asakusa 3977 © えんぞう Enzo

Horse at Rohrt Garh © Connie Rosenthal
Horse at Rohrt Garh © Connie Rosenthal

© AJ vdHorst
© AJ vdHorst

Follow the Yellow Brick Road...I'm off to see the wizard? © Cyndy Johnson
Follow the Yellow Brick Road...I'm off to see the wizard? © Cyndy Johnson

The Bus © Em Kachouro
The Bus © Em Kachouro

disorderly layers © hanakai2001
disorderly layers © hanakai2001

© Sacha Dohmen
© Sacha Dohmen

It all went by so fast © Cecily Mariece Caceu
It all went by so fast © Cecily Mariece Caceu

Ships that pass in the night...(Longfellow) © Geri Centonze
Ships that pass in the night...(Longfellow) © Geri Centonze

In the Moment © Paul "Skip" Brown
In the Moment © Paul "Skip" Brown

An Exhibition © Dr Pajchiwo
An Exhibition © Dr Pajchiwo

Seeing. Not Believing © Eitan Shavit
Seeing. Not Believing © Eitan Shavit
Street Art at Brick Lane © Veevs3
Street Art at Brick Lane © Veevs3
© JessikaJ
© JessikaJ 

Shoe Shine © Richard Pilon
Shoe Shine © Richard Pilon

First Ride © Diana Nicholette Jeon
First Ride © Diana Nicholette Jeon

Fifth Avenue © Nicolas Xanthos
Fifth Avenue © Nicolas Xanthos

The Dagger Tattoo © Michael Manza
The Dagger Tattoo © Michael Manza

© Basak Aytek
© Basak Aytek

Add to Flipboard Magazine.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful collection of images Geri. Thank you very much for including mine. It's an honour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paul - It's so fun to see the different street photos from around the world

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the images you have selected. Thanks for choosing one of my images for this week's feature. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved so many of yours but finally settled on the shone shine for the showcase =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Geri!! This is really wonderful to see and I love everyone's images! Appreciate the support very much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome Cecily - love your image and the caption as well

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.